Taxation of Your Earnings

Tax on profits

Earnings generated through Spreadshop need to be declared to the financial authorities. Please check with your accountant to clarify how you are required to declare your earnings.

If your country of residence or headquarters is not in Germany, it may be necessary to deduct tax from a part of your payment. This so-called withholding tax only affects 60% of your earnings from the base margin. For more information on the deduction of tax, please refer to this article

Turnover tax

In principle, your earnings generated with Spreadshop are subject to turnover tax. Please check with your accountant about which tax obligations this entails for you.

If you are registered as being subject to turnover tax in Germany, then if you provide corresponding evidence you can have us pay you German turnover tax on top of your earnings. To do this, please send us the following VAT identification number confirmation form, which you can use to informally confirm to us your obligation to pay turnover tax in Germany.

If you are registered as an entrepreneur in another EU country, we need your EU VAT identification number. To do this, please send us the following form to confirm a non-German EU VAT identification number. Pursuant to Section 13b of the German Turnover Tax Act (UStG), taxation is based on the so-called reverse charge procedure, meaning you will receive your earnings without turnover tax.

Was this article helpful?

Didn’t find what you were looking for?

Contact us